Tuesday 7 February 2017

Squaduary 2017 - Some Porgress

Hey hey.

A big thanks to Rory over at SteppingBetweenGames for getting things organised and off to a flying start. Loads of pledges are over there and I'm happy to be part of it!

Squaduardy week 1 is over and I've made a really good start on my Raptors. In an effort to improve my painting, or at least my painting technique, I'm trying to do things a little bit differently with these dudes. Usually I block in the main colours and then do the detail bits. But not this time!

This time, I'm trying to do the raised detail first and then backfill the larger panels, and you know what, I'm finding myself getting a lot less frustrated and therefore making fewer mistakes that then then need to be fixed. It seems to be easier to paint into a corner (eg the inner corner of a space marine pauldron) rather than paint the raised edges without touching the background. If you see what I mean.

I think from next week I'll put a few more in progess photos up on twitter or instagram or something too.

So, some picys...









In other news, Kreator have a new album out...



Which is nice.

So for this week I see hazard stripes in my future

Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Raptors are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup cheers dude! Hazard stripes next. Gulp.

      Delete
  2. Good looking yellow. Some great popping colors on those models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. I think the hazard stripe thing was one of the main reasons for going for the iron warriors in the first place.

      Delete