Monday 27 February 2017

Squaduary 2017 - Doneski

First of all, big thanks to Rory for curating Squaduary. It has been great seeing all this awesome stuff come together from various corners of the tinterwebbynet. 

Aaaaaaaaaanyway I'm calling it done on my Raptors. I applied some rust powder stuff to the bases and then sealed them with varnish. Gloss varnish. Apparently being constructive while nursing a hangover and coming down with a cold is a challenge that I am not quite up to. Anyway, I'll probably go back and add a matte finish later. But for now it'll do...







I also had a go at a better power sword but I think it needs more work...





So that marks the completion of the first minis of 2017. Whoop! But I also have about 20 minis that I was working on in January that will be finished next! Double whoop! And I also stole a march and finished up a bunch of bases for the next next bunch of dudes. Oh happy days! 


I also had a game last week where I tried some new things with guard as suggested over here with some very interesting results, but I think I'll do a proper post on that one. But here is a sneak peak...



So. Thanks for reading and thanks for Suaduarying along.

6 comments:

  1. Great job, been following the progress as motivation for my own. Well done mate, look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! seeing other people cracking on with their own pledges was defo a good motivation to get these chaps done.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing, very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting finished and they look ace. I do like how they look, tempts me to build the raptor talon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! A talon eh? That sounds like a lot of peeps to paint up! The whole deep striking stuff does sound like fun tho.

      Delete