Saturday 8 April 2017

A Bit of Character

Finally this batch of dudes also included a couple of characters, namely Kranon and the sorcerer dude from the dark vengeance box. These models are cool, but really packed full of detail. I also keep on forgetting to leave some panels black, which is quite frustrating. I only remembered to start doing this again on Kranon. Oh well I'm fairly happy with how they turned out.




I put a bit of effort into the power weapons on these and the close combat chosen from last time. I'm fairly happy with the result. Definitely some progress compared to my earlier efforts but i'm still not super happy with them. The large axe looks particularly blotchy...






Proper chuffed with how the maul turned out.




Models painted in 2017... 20

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers dude. Experimenting does have its rewards soemtimes.

      Delete
  2. Those claws stand out as the best to me -you get a real sense of power coursing/crackling through them. With the axe, I think its the large flat surface thats making it look off compared to the rest - and it doesnt seem to have as much of the brightest highlight on it. Could you try going back in with your brightest colour and working in around the symbol as a point of focus, and along the cutting edge.

    Otherwise great work bud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one! Thanks for the kind words.

      Yeah with the axe, the large flat part was defo causing me trouble from the off between the blotchy appearance and brush strokes and the like.

      Its certainly worth a revisit though.

      Delete