Wednesday 29 January 2014

Meganobz

I had  a hankerin for some Meganobz, and i came across a couple of tutorials (here, here, here and here) about converting your own from common or garden nobs and a ton of plasticard. I made a squad of nine and a Warboss.




Building

So I set about with vigour and made a bunch. I also misread the rules and though that they came with twin linked big shootas instead of shootas. Oh well, they still look ok.
This was the first one finished



Then came more

Then they were built

Painting

Although the rest of my orks are based on deathskulls, i wanted these guys to be bad moons, cos I guessed they're the ones that could afford extravagant armour. I took inspiration from here.

I rushed these guys to get them done and in game so they are not quite finished. I painted the whole lot yellow thinking that green washes would do for the skin but it didnt really work out that way. The armour detailing is pretty much done. I used an architecture pen with a tiny nib to put on the flames. A brown oil wash and some weathering powders and I call that mostly done. Mostly.


Primed white and airbrushed yellow

Done and done

More done. The two on the right are my faves

Also done

The Warboss on his bill

So there you have it. They may get totally done one day. The bases were done following this, though you can't really see them that well in the photos. Overall i'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Building wise they were not too difficult. Painting was fun but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to getting things finalised. 

So there you have it. Leave a comment if you fancy.

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment